Stout Caramel Milkshakes
You don’t have to go to Ireland to enjoy these malty Stout Caramel Milkshakes. The stout crisp clean malty flavor combined with caramel ice cream results in the most delicious and gratifying milkshakes ever. Top them with some fresh whipped cream for a perfect finish.
I’m guessing you have lots of great game-day snack and appetizer recipes, and if you’re like most people, a variety of boozy drinks. But do you have any boozy milkshakes in your drink repertoire?
There’s nothing like a room full of excited people watching a super bowl game! It’s definitely the time for great appetizers and snacks. It also goes without saying that beer and other boozy drinks will be on hand to accompany all that yummy food.
I was trying to come up with a drink for Super Bowl that was a little boozy yet light and fun. Hmmm. Well… most people like milkshakes, and lots of people like beer. No brainer!
What type of beer?
My choice here was Guinnes, and the one I happened to have on hand at the time was extra-stout. You might not want to go with extra-stout the first time you make these milkshakes. Extra stout literally means extra-stout. But again, everyone’s taste is different.
Guinness is an Irish dry stout beer and the most popular alcoholic beverage in Ireland. It’s also been around for a very long time!
What’s in Guinness Extra Stout
Guinness Extra Stout is made from Irish barley, hops, and malt. It’s also carbonated from the use of carbon dioxide and nitrogen, resulting in a thick, creamy beer with small bubbles. Add that to some ice cream and need I say more!!
What flavor ice cream to use?
I used caramel ice cream in this mix-up. The Guinness already contains hints of caramel flavor, so why not enhance that flavor! Can you see the bubbles in the picture above? That’s the carbonation from the Guinness and when you blend the beer and ice cream together, you get the perfect light and creamy milkshake.
These Stout Caramel Milkshakes simply beg for a dollop of freshly whipped cream on top. The whipped cream totally complements the bold flavor profile of the beer.
These Stout Caramel Milkshakes are a great addition to any super bowl party and SO easy!Print
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (48-ounce) carton caramel ice cream
- 1 (11.2 ounce) bottle of stout, extra-stout, or blonde beer
- Malt powder, optional
- Whip the heavy whipping cream with an electric mixer until it’s stiff and refrigerate while you make the milkshakes.
- Add the ice cream and beer to a blender and blend just for a few seconds until combined.
- Pour the milkshakes into tall glasses and finish with a large dollop of whipped cream.
- Drink immediately.
- Dust with malt powder, optional
- You can use any type of stout you prefer in this recipe, depending on your taste preference. If you use extra-stout, the stout taste will be very pronounced. Therefore, if you’re not sure of which stout you want to use, you might want to start with regular stout or even blonde.
Keywords: milkshakes, stout beer, stout milkshakes, caramel milkshakes, game day drinks, super bowl drinks,