Strawberry Glaze Pie (without jello)
This Fresh Strawberry Glaze Pie with no jello is made with lots of fresh strawberries that get covered in a homemade strawberry glaze. NO JELLO!! I say why use imitation flavoring when you don’t have to!
When the weather gets hot I start thinking about cold and delicious desserts, and one of my favorites is this Strawberry Glaze Pie. Served cold with a dollop of fresh whipped cream, it absolutely hits the spot on a hot Summer day. These days there are different versions of Strawberry Glaze Pie, but I’m posting the original vintage recipe. No cream cheese layer, no jello, just pure strawberry glaze, and strawberries.
Not only is this pie delicious, but it’s one of the easiest pies you’ll ever make. Here’s all I did to make it…
- I cooked crushed strawberries with some water, sugar, and cornstarch until thickened.
- I brushed some of the strawberry glaze on the insides of a baked pie shell, then filled it with layers of strawberries and more glaze.
And after a couple of hours in the refrigerator, I served it up with some fresh whipped cream.
If you like Strawberry Glaze Pie, you might like these summer desserts too…Print
This Fresh Strawberry Glaze Pie, made with no jello, is made with lots of fresh strawberries that get covered in a homemade strawberry glaze.
- 1 pre-baked 9 inch pie crust, deep dish
- 5 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Tiny knife tip of red food coloring gel, optional
- Whipped cream, optional
- Crush 1 cup of the strawberries, using a potato masher or pastry cutter. If strawberries are large, quarter them first.
- Add crushed strawberries and water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 3-4 minutes until tender. Push mixture through a sieve into a bowl.
- Whisk together the sugar and cornstarch in the saucepan. Add the sieved strawberries and bring to a boil over medium heat while stirring constantly. Cook until the strawberry glaze is thickened and clear, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add food coloring if desired. Allow glaze to cool to room temperature.
- Cut the 4 cups of strawberries into halves, or quarters if they are really large.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of the strawberry glaze over the bottom and sides of cooled pastry shell. Arrange half of the strawberries in the pastry shell, cut sides down. Carefully spoon half of the remaining strawberry glaze over the strawberries, making sure all strawberries are covered with the glaze. Arrange remaining strawberries, cut side down, over the bottom layer of strawberries, followed by the remaining glaze Once again, make sure all strawberries are covered with the glaze.
- Chill pie for at least 3-4 hours until well chilled and the glaze is set.
- Serve cold with a dollop of fresh whipped cream, if desired.
- Pie will stay fresh for up to 3 days, refrigerated.
Keywords: strawberry glaze pie, strawberry glaze pie without jello, strawberry pie, pie recipe,