No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
This No-Churn Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream requires three simple ingredients resulting in rich creamy ice cream with irresistible pure strawberry flavor. It also takes just 15 minutes to prep and it’s soft-serve consistency after just 3 hours in the freezer.
When the heat starts soaring, which is right around the corner, WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM!!! Sometimes, when it’s really hot out, we crave some cold creamy ice cream, but we don’t always want to venture out in the heat to get some. That’s when it’s nice to have a few super easy, NO CHURN recipes that we can make at home. This easy no-churn Strawberry Ice Cream is one of those easy recipes.
WHAT’S GREAT ABOUT THIS ICE CREAM RECIPE:
- No ice cream maker required
- Only 3 ingredients
- Packed full of fresh strawberry flavor
- Super easy to make
- Versatile…can be made with any fruit
This easy no-churn ice cream is made with 3 simple ingredients…
- Heavy whipping cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Fresh strawberries
HOW TO MAKE NO CHURN STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM:
- Add half of the strawberries to a blender and puree them.
- Add the other half to a bowl or saucepan and roughly mash them with a potato masher.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and the sweetened condensed milk to a large mixing bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Transfer mixture to a loaf pan. Garnish the top with strawberry slices, if desired.
- Freeze & ENJOY!
HOW TO MAKE SOFT & CREAMY ICE CREAM:
Homemade no-churn ice cream is a thick liquid when it’s first made. Once it’s placed in a freezer, it becomes a soft-serve consistency after about 3 hours. Once it’s frozen for 6 hours to overnight, it becomes very firm, not like store-bought ice cream that has ingredients to keep it creamy. Therefore, if you want your ice cream to remain creamy after it’s been frozen overnight, you can add a small amount of corn syrup, (about 2 tablespoons), which helps the ice cream from crystalizing and becoming too hard. Alternately, just sit the ice cream out of the freezer about 15 minutes before you’re ready to eat it
STORING ICE CREAM:
Ice cream needs to be stored in an airtight container with plastic wrap over the surface. No one wants ice crystals in their ice cream!!
MORE FROZEN TREATS AND ICE CREAM RECIPES:
- No Churn Cookies & Cream Ice Cream
- Country Peach Ice Cream
- Maple Cinnamon Crunch Ice Cream
- No Churn Eggnog Ice Cream
- Oreo Cream Pops
This easy no-churn Strawberry Ice Cream is made with 3 simple ingredients and it’s irresistibly creamy and delicious!
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, divided (washed & stems removed)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14 ounces
- Set aside 1 cup of the strawberries for garnish. Divide the remaining strawberries in half. Add 1/2 to a blender and puree them. Using a potato masher, roughly mash the other half. Do not drain any juices from the strawberries. If using frozen strawberries, thaw and drain them.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, and sweetened condensed milk to the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment. Whisk the mixture at low speed for about 30 seconds, then cover the mixer with a towel (to keep it from splattering), and turn the mixer to high. Whisk the mixture until stiff peaks form, (peaks that will stand alone on the whisk attachment).
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the mashed and pureed strawberries. Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan. Slice the remaining strawberries and use them to garnish the top. I place 1/2 of each slice into the ice cream, allowing the remaining half to show above the ice cream.
- Wrap the ice cream securely and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the ice cream. Freeze for at least 4 hours for soft-serve ice cream or 6 hours or overnight for firm ice cream.
- If freezing overnight, allow ice cream to set out for a few minutes to soften before serving.
- Do not substitute any other milk for the sweetened condensed milk.
- Do not substitute half & half or milk for the heavy whipping cream.
- If you use frozen strawberries, allow them to thaw, and drain any excess juice.
Keywords: strawberry ice cream, no churn strawberry ice cream,