Homemade Garlic Bread
Of course, you can reach for a loaf of frozen Garlic bread, but when you see how easy it is to make homemade, you’ll forget about the frozen. I made this as a side, but my grandkids decided to eat it as their main dish. 🙂
What’s the secret to making perfect Garlic bread that’s soft & buttery on the inside yet crispy on the outside? Baking the bread for a few minutes, then placing it under the broiler for a minute.
- 1 loaf of French bread
- Minced garlic
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh parmesan cheese, (I buy a block and grate it)
- Feel free to substitute fresh garlic for minced.
- You can substitute dried parsley for fresh, but only use 1 teaspoon, (one third the amount of fresh)
This homemade Garlic bread is a great side to serve with homemade lasagna, spaghetti, or your favorite pasta dish. It’s also great served by itself using the extra garlic butter as a dipping sauce.
This bread can be prepped and frozen (unbaked) for up to three months. Thaw at room temperature and bake as directed.
More bread recipes you might like,Print
This Homemade Garlic Bread is soft and on the inside and crispy on the outside. It has a perfect buttery/garlicky flavor and gets finished with fresh parmesan. It’s a perfect side for any meal.
- 1 loaf French bread, 16 ounces
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the bread in half lengthwise. Place each half, side by side, on a baking sheet.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and salt and allow the mixture to come to a boil and remove from heat. Let the mixture sit for 2 minutes, and strain it through a strainer, leaving the garlic pieces behind. Add the parsley. Transfer about 1/3 cup of the mixture to a small bowl and reserve for dipping the bread later.
- Brush the butter over the bread, making sure you cover the entire surface of each half. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the bread.
- Bake the bread for about 10 minutes until the top is looking golden and remove from the oven.
- Turn oven to broil and return the bread to the oven. Broil for about 1 minute until the bread is crispy around the edges and starting to brown.
- Remove bread from the oven and use a serrated knife to cut it into serving-size pieces.
- Serve the bread immediately, or dip in the reserved butter mixture.
- Wrap leftover bread and keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- To re-warm bread, wrap it in foil and place in a 300 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
Keywords: garlic bread, bread, garlic,