This Homemade Garlic Bread is soft and on the inside and crispy on the outside. It has a perfect buttery/garlicky flavor and gets finished with fresh parmesan. It’s a perfect side for any meal.
- 1 loaf French bread, 16 ounces
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the bread in half lengthwise. Place each half, side by side, on a baking sheet.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and salt and allow the mixture to come to a boil and remove from heat. Let the mixture sit for 2 minutes, and strain it through a strainer, leaving the garlic pieces behind. Add the parsley. Transfer about 1/3 cup of the mixture to a small bowl and reserve for dipping the bread later.
- Brush the butter over the bread, making sure you cover the entire surface of each half. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the bread.
- Bake the bread for about 10 minutes until the top is looking golden and remove from the oven.
- Turn oven to broil and return the bread to the oven. Broil for about 1 minute until the bread is crispy around the edges and starting to brown.
- Remove bread from the oven and use a serrated knife to cut it into serving-size pieces.
- Serve the bread immediately, or dip in the reserved butter mixture.
- Wrap leftover bread and keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- To re-warm bread, wrap it in foil and place in a 300 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
Keywords: garlic bread, bread, garlic,