Butter Cream Cheese Almond Cookies
These soft & thick Butter Cream Cheese Almond Cookies aren’t rich or sophisticated…just simple & delicious!! These will become your favorite cookie when you’re not in the mood for something overly rich or sweet.
Sometimes I just have a hankering for a simple yet delicious cookie. Not all cookies have to be rich and slathered with a rich frosting to be delicious. It’s times like this when I reach for this easy Cream Cheese Almond Cookie recipe. These cookies have a combination of two great things…butter and cream cheese, and if you love the flavor of almond, you’ll really love them, since they have a good amount of pure almond extract in them. You can also omit the almond extract if you want plain vanilla flavored cookies. This recipe is very versatile.
This recipe is as easy as 1-2-3…
- Mix the cookie dough.
- Drop by scoopfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
Did I mention how soft and thick these cookies are? If you’re like me, you’ll find yourself eating 5 or 6 of these delicious cookies before you know it. Don’t forget the milk!!Print
These soft & thick cookies will become your favorite when you’re looking for a cookie that’s not too rich or sweet, yet delicious!
- 3 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 package cream cheese, 8 ounces, softened
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- Powdered sugar for dusting tops
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together the cake flour and baking powder in a large bowl and set aside.
- Add the cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer or use a hand mixer. Beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until it’s smooth and creamy and free of any lumps. Add the butter and mix until it’s incorporated with the cream cheese and the mixture is light and creamy. Add the sugar, eggs, and extracts and mix to combine. Add the dry ingredients one third at a time and mix just until incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop scoops of dough onto ungreased cookies sheets and bake for approximately 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the bottoms and around the edges. The cookies should still be very light in color on the tops.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for one minute on cookies sheets. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Once cookies are cool, dust with a light coating of powdered sugar.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
- Cookies will stay fresh for up to one week.
These cookies are an excellent cookie for freezing. Make ahead and store in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months. Layer them between layers of wax paper before freezing.
Keywords: cookies, cream cheese cookies, soft cookies, almond cookies, holiday cookies,