Pumpkin Spice Mug Cakes
These warmly spiced Pumpkin Spice Mug Cakes take less than 2 minutes to make in the microwave and they will totally satisfy your sweet tooth. The filling is enough for 2 so you can share!
Am I the only one that craves sweets 24/7? Please tell me you do too! Often times the craving hits me in the evening after a long day. A time of day when I don’t feel like spending at least an hour in the kitchen in order to satisfy my sweet tooth craving. Then comes the evening coffee. Oh the coffee! That’s the final straw!! There’s something in that little pea brain of mine that always screams dessert when I fix my evening coffee. That’s why I make sure I have a few “quick fix” dessert recipes in my baking repertoire. That’s right, quick as in five minutes!! These warmly spiced Pumpkin Spice Mug Cakes will satisfy your sweet tooth and Fall craving at the same time.
I knew I couldn’t develop a Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake recipe to serve just one, or my husband would steal it, and I would get left with a cup of coffee and an unfilled craving, so I made sure this recipe would make two, yes two mug cakes. The preparation…easy!!!
Here’s all you do…
- Grab two coffee mugs
- Mix up some pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and a few other pantry staples.
- Divide batter between the two mugs and microwave the mugs for about 2 minutes each. DONE!!!
- Then pile on some whipped cream and some toasted pecans if you want.
And indulge in a warmly spiced mug cake that will satisfy the biggest sweet tooth craving!!
Want a chocolate quick fix? Check out my Dark Chocolate Mug Cake.
Pumpkin Spice Mug Cakes
- Prep Time: 3
- Cook Time: 2
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Cakes
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Moist and warmly spiced Pumpkin Mug Cakes that will satisfy your sweet tooth and Fall craving.
- 1/3 cup pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 6 tablespoons self rising flour*
- 3/4 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons toasted or regular coarsely chopped pecans, optional
- Whipped cream
- Nutmeg or cinnamon, optional
- Using a fork, whisk together the pumpkin and egg in a medium bowl. Add the vanilla, brown sugar, and milk and whisk together. Add the flour, spice and salt and whisk just to incorporate.
- Divide batter between two microwavable coffee mugs.
- Microwave mugs separately for about 2 minutes, stopping and checking mug cake after 1 1/2 minutes. The cake should have risen to the top of mug and be dry and spongy, not wet.
- Garnish with whipped cream and toasted pecans. Add a dash of nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Other great toppings are ice cream, caramel topping or flavored whipped cream.
- You can substitute Butternut Squash baby food for the pumpkin puree if you need to. Pumpkin in a can is actually cooked butternut squash, not pumpkin.
- *If you don’t have self-rising flour don’t worry. You can make your own by mixing 1 cup all-purpose flour with 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Keywords: mug cakes, pumpkin mug cakes, microwave cakes, pumpkin cake, pumpkin,