Moist and warmly spiced Pumpkin Mug Cakes that will satisfy your sweet tooth and Fall craving.
- 1/3 cup pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 6 tablespoons self rising flour*
- 3/4 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons toasted or regular coarsely chopped pecans, optional
- Whipped cream
- Nutmeg or cinnamon, optional
- Using a fork, whisk together the pumpkin and egg in a medium bowl. Add the vanilla, brown sugar, and milk and whisk together. Add the flour, spice and salt and whisk just to incorporate.
- Divide batter between two microwavable coffee mugs.
- Microwave mugs separately for about 2 minutes, stopping and checking mug cake after 1 1/2 minutes. The cake should have risen to the top of mug and be dry and spongy, not wet.
- Garnish with whipped cream and toasted pecans. Add a dash of nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Other great toppings are ice cream, caramel topping or flavored whipped cream.
- You can substitute Butternut Squash baby food for the pumpkin puree if you need to. Pumpkin in a can is actually cooked butternut squash, not pumpkin.
- *If you don’t have self-rising flour don’t worry. You can make your own by mixing 1 cup all-purpose flour with 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Keywords: mug cakes, pumpkin mug cakes, microwave cakes, pumpkin cake, pumpkin,