Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
These vintage Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies are fudgy and delicious and take 10 minutes to make. They are perfect for school lunch boxes, an after school snack, or anytime you’re craving something chocolate!
What kid hasn’t had a Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookie! Although many of us have made these quick and easy 10 minute cookies, some of my friends say that they come out dry and crumbly when they make them. Therefore, I thought I’d take a minute to tell ya how to make these all-time favorite cookies perfect! It’s actually quite simple…it’s all in the timing. In our house, my daughter Christin renamed these cookies years ago to Cow Plops…oh well, as long as the name change doesn’t change the taste to something else. Ha ha… Oh yes, these are the perfect lunch box or after school snack for kids.
These cookies are super easy to make, and take 10 minutes to make, start to finish…
Here’s how you can make these cookies turn out perfect each and every time you make them. Once you bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, (I mean when there are several bubbles popping up on the surface), start timing it. I use my kitchen timer on my microwave. Time it for exactly 1 1/2 minutes and remove the pan from the heat.
Add the vanilla, peanut butter and oatmeal and mix together. Drop by large spoonfuls onto a parchment or foil-lined baking sheet. They will set up within 10 minutes or so.
If you cook the cookies for exactly 1 1/2 minutes, they will have a fudgy texture like in the pictures above. If you want them to be even fudgier, cook for 1 minute and 20 seconds.
Oh yes, and don’t be surprised if your kids call them cow plops!
If you like this quick & easy recipe, you might also like these Corn Flake Peanut Butter Chews.Print
These Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies are fudgy and delicious and take 10 minutes to make. They are perfect for school lunch boxes or for an after school snack!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 stick real butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 2 cups quick 1 minute oats
- Mix the butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa together in a large pan over medium heat. Stir to mix together and bring to a bubbling boil.
- Boil for exactly 1 1/2 minutes from the time mixture starts to boil, and remove from heat.
- Add the oats, peanut butter, and vanilla and mix well.
- Drop mixture by large spoonfuls onto a parchment or foil lined cookie sheet. Let set for 5 minutes to set up and cool.
- Store in an airtight container. Cookies will stay fresh for 3-4 days.
- The less time you cook these, the fudgier they will be. If you want extra fudgy, cook for 1 minute and 20 seconds instead of 1 1/2 minutes. They will be runny when dropped onto a cookie sheet but will set up very fudgy.
Keywords: chocolate oatmeal no-bake cookies, no-bake cookies, chocolate no-bake cookies,