Mini Corn Dog Muffins
These Mini Corn Dog Muffins are the cutest thing ever, and they are ridiculously easy to make. Grownups and kids will love these. They are great as appetizers or dinner with a side of fries. How easy!
These Mini Corn Dog Muffins are super quick and easy to make! They are perfect as an appetizer or as a quick dinner with an added side. Your kids will love them too!
I originally posted these Mini Corn Dog Muffins back in 2016. I actually think this recipe came from a Taste of Home magazine back then. I decided it was time to update my photos and refresh the recipe, as simple as it may be.
You won’t believe just how easy it is to make these moist and flavorful Mini Corn Dog Muffins. They start with an easy batter made of,
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
As far as hog dogs go, use your favorite. I used 8 hot dogs in this recipe and cut each one into fifths. This recipe makes 40 mini muffins so it works out wonderfully. 8 x 5 = 40.
- Spray two 24-mold mini muffin tins with non-stick spray. Set aside
- Mix the batter ingredients.
- Place a tablespoon or small cookie scoop of batter into each mold, making sure you don’t fill the molds over 3/4 full.
- Place a piece of hot dog in the center of each mold. Make sure the end you place in the batter is cut evenly, to ensure it doesn’t fall over in the batter.
- Bake the muffins for about 10 minutes until they are golden brown on top and serve.
You might also like…
If you make this recipe please rate it, and leave a comment below on how you liked it. I love hearing from you!Print
These Mini Corn Dog Muffins are made with a super easy cornbread batter. They get baked in preheated muffin tins, resulting in golden crispy sides and moist hot dog filled centers.
- 1 cup cornmeal (I used yellow, but you can use white)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup full-fat buttermilk
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 8 hot dogs, cut into fifths (40 pieces)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray two 24-mold mini muffin tins. Place the pans in the preheated oven for about 3 minutes until they are very hot. Do this right before you start mixing your batter and have your hot dogs cut into pieces. The hot molds will create a slightly crunchy texture on the outside of the muffins and they will be moist on the inside, just like your favorite cornbread.
- Make the batter: In a medium bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, salt, baking soda, and sugar. Set aside. In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the eggs. Add the buttermilk and butter and whisk to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just until incorporated. Don’t overmix. Drop about 1 tablespoon of batter, into each mold. Make sure you don’t fill the molds over 3/4 full.
- Add the hot dogs: Add a piece of hot dog to the center of each mold of filling. Make sure the hot dog are evenly cut on the end you’re placing in the batter to ensure they don’t fall over.
- Bake for approximately 8 to 10 minutes until the muffins are golden brown on top.
- These Mini Corn Dog Muffins can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator. Wrap and place in the microwave to reheat, or cover and warm in the oven.
Keywords: mini hot dog corn muffins, corn dog muffins, corn dogs, mini corn dogs,