Kentucky Mint Julep
Kentucky Mint Julep is a minty refreshing Kentucky bourbon drink. You can mix one up in five minutes and enjoy it while watching the race!
Today is the big day of the 143rd running of the Kentucky Derby. If you can’t be there live to watch the race, you can still enjoy a drink that makes you feel like you’re there.
Want to enjoy a non-alcoholic cold drink? Check out this Perfect Lemonade.Print
This is a minty refreshing Kentucky bourbon drink you can mix up in five minutes and enjoy it while watching the race!
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- Crushed Ice
- Kentucky Bourbon
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Make a simple syrup by heating water to almost boiling. Add the sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Add the mint and let steep for 20-30 minutes.
- Add crushed ice to a Julep glass or tumbler.
- Add 1/1/2 ounces of Kentucky Bourbon.
- Add 2/12 teaspoons of the syrup, or to your taste, and stir.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaf and serve.
- The simple syrup makes enough for about three dozen drinks. Recipe can be cut in half or stored in the refrigerator for up to three weeks.
- Serving Size: 1
Keywords: kentucky mint julep, mint julep, kentucky derby,