Hello Dolly Bars
These classic Hello Dolly Bars, aka Magic Bars, have a buttery graham cracker crust topped with layers of chocolate chips, pecans, coconut, and sweetened condensed milk. Easy to make and super scrumptious!
If you’ve ever had the pleasure of eating a Hello Dolly Bar, aka, Magic Bar, you already know how scrumptious they are, but if you’ve never made them you might think they are hard to make. Wrong! These are the easiest bars you’ll ever make.
All you need is a 9 x 9 baking pan and a few pantry staples to make these bars. It takes about 15 minutes to prepare and 25 minutes to bake them. Super easy, just layer the ingredients. The layers consist of a graham cracker crust, chocolate chips, pecans, and coconut. But that’s not all…
Lastly, the top gets a nice blanket of sweetened condensed milk.
Try to allow the bars to cool completely before cutting them if you can resist. As you can see, I couldn’t resist. The ones in the picture above were cut while still slightly warm.
You might also like…
Old Fashioned Sour Cream Banana BarsPrint
Hello Dolly Bars
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 9 Large Bars 1x
- Category: Bars/Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
These Hello Dolly Bars start with a buttery graham cracker crust that’s topped with layers of chocolate chips, pecans, and coconut. Then they get spread with a blanket of sweetened condensed milk and baked into a golden bliss. They are irresistible!
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers (about 13 crackers)
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips (I used bittersweet)
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14 ounces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 9 pan with parchment paper, allowing it to hang over two sides of the pan. Butter the parchment paper and place a small amount of butter behind the paper overhang to make it adhere to the sides of the pan.
- Crush the graham crackers by placing them in a gallon storage bag and beating them with a rolling pin. Add them to a medium bowl with the melted butter. Mix until the two are well combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Add the other ingredients in layers in this order, (1) chocolate chips (2) pecans (3) coconut. Lastly, pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top, spreading it evenly and into the corners. Note: If you don’t use an offset spatula and evenly distribute the milk, it will pool to one side of the pan.
- Bake for approximately 22-25 minutes, or until the edges of the bars are a dark golden brown and the top is a light golden color.
- Allow bars to cool completely. Cut into 9 equal squares, (or 18 smaller squares).
- Place bars in an airtight container. Bars will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
Keywords: hello dolly bars, magic bars, bars, chocolate chip coconut bars,
If you want to take these yummy bars to the next level, try adding 1 1/4 cups of butterscotch chips on top of the semi sweet chocolate chips. You won’t be disappointed.