These mega thick and chewy peanut butter cookies are dense and moist too. They have a ton of peanut butter in them, and just enough baking powder to keep them from sinking once they’re cooled. Add chocolate chips and they’re to die for!
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, spoon & leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (I recommend Jiff)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Add the butter and peanut butter to the bowl of a stand mixer or use a hand mixer. Beat the butter and peanut butter until they are smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the sugars, eggs, and vanilla and beat for about 1 more minute. Add the sour cream and dry ingredients in additions, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the bowl of batter in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Meantime preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a large 1/2 cup cookie scoop, or you can use a measuring cup, place four large leveled-off scoops of cookie dough on a cookie sheet, leaving plenty of space between them. Place the remaining dough back into the refrigerator. Use your hands to slightly squeeze each dough ball making them slightly taller.
- Bake the cookies for 13 to 14 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned on the tops and bottoms. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to sit on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely*.
- *The cookies will be just slightly underbaked when they come out of the oven but will continue to bake on the hot cookie sheet for an additional minute.
- See my notes above this recipe for how to freeze the raw cookie dough or baked cookies.
Keywords: peanut butter cookies, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, cookies,