This Blackberry Cobbler starts with a thin batter that magically comes to the top when baked and creates a wonderful soft crust. The crust is perfect for soaking up all those blackberry juices and there’s lots of blackberries in the mix. This cobbler is super delicious and even more delicious when served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 stick real butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the berries and 1 cup of sugar in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place the butter in a 8″ x 8″ dish and melt in the preheated oven.
- Mix the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, cornstarch, vanilla and milk together in a medium bowl. Pour the batter over the melted butter.
- Spoon the sugared blackberries evenly over the batter mixture, but do not mix them into the batter.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown on top.
- Serve warm topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
- It’s a good idea with any fruit pies or cobblers, to place an old cookie sheet on the oven rack under the pie or cobbler. They are known for bubbling over.
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: blackberry cobbler, soft crust blackberry cobbler, cobbler fruit cobbler, blackberry, Summer desserts,