This No-Knead Rustic Artisan Bread is made in a dutch oven and it’s the easiest bread you’ll ever make. It’s crusty on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. Simply delicious!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Rapid Rise yeast
- 1 1/2 cups room temperature water
- Whisk together the flour, salt and yeast in a large mixing bowl. Add water and stir mixture with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a sticky ball. This dough does not get kneaded so it will be rough, not smooth looking. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow bowl to set at room temperature for 12 to 15 hours to ferment and rise.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place a dutch oven with the lid in the oven for 30 minutes. A 3.5 quart dutch oven is big enough and any cast iron pot with a lid will work.
- Meanwhile, transfer the dough onto a generously floured work surface. Dough will be sticky. Using floured hands, shape the dough into a ball. Cover the dough with a towel or plastic wrap and allow it to rest while dutch oven is preheating.
- Remove lid from dutch oven. Place a large piece of parchment paper inside and over the sides of the dutch oven. Using floured hands, transfer the dough to the dutch oven. Place lid on dutch oven.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove lid and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Remove bread from the dutch oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool before slicing. If you prefer to eat the bread hot, tear it apart with your hands instead of trying to slice it.
- Store bread in a paper bag, to help it retain its crispness.
- Prep time includes 15 hours of fermentation.
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: no knead bread, artisan bread, rustic bread