These light and fluffy pancakes are covered in a tart lemony curd and are simply delicious!!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, spoon & level
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly zested lemon zest
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, (about 1 large lemon)
- 1 cup full-fat buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 cup full-fat Ricotta cheese, room temperature
- Butter for griddle and tops of pancakes
- Homemade Lemon Curd or store-bought
- Whipped Cream, optional but highly recommended
- Fruit, optional
- Preheat a griddle to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract, lemon juice, buttermilk and Ricotta cheese. Make sure all ingredients are combined thoroughly.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just to combine. Don’t over mix! Batter should be slightly lumpy and thick. After it’s mixed, it will become thick and spongy looking.
- Brush soft butter onto the hot griddle.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, pour batter onto the hot griddle, spacing them far enough apart to be able to flip. I only fix 3 at a time. Flip pancakes over once you see air bubbles start to form on top, or when the bottoms become golden brown. I butter the tops while they are still on the griddle. Remove pancakes from the griddle once both sides are golden brown and transfer to a warm plate. If you’re not serving them right away, you can place them on a cookie sheet in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve.
- Top with fresh lemon curd instead of syrup.
- Add whipped cream and fresh fruit or marinated berries and serve.
Keywords: pancakes, lemon pancakes, lemon ricotta pancakes, brunch recipes, breakfast recipes, lemon recipes,