This quick & easy soup makes for a great weeknight dinner, and it’s very flavorful. It taste even better the following day. It also makes the perfect amount to feed the whole family a hearty bowl. I love it with a side of bread for dipping and soaking up the tasty broth.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic from a jar
- 2 large potatoes, diced small
- 2 cans beef broth, 14 ounces each
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, 14.5 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 can condensed tomato soup, 10.75 ounce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables, 16 ounces (without potatoes)
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a dutch oven, or pot, brown the ground beef and diced onion over medium heat until the meat is cooked through. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Drain the mixture and return it to the dutch oven.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the frozen vegetables, and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are semi-tender.
- Add the frozen vegetables and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes and until the potatoes are fork tender. Remove from heat. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.
- This soup freezes beautifully. Simply place in an airtight freezer container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Keywords: soup, hamburger soup, hamburger vegetable soup, vegetable soup, soup recipes,