These Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are moist and dense and with every bite you get meltly chocolate and banana goodness. You’ll feel like you’re eating dessert for breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room melted & cooled
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 9 paper muffin holders.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and set asdie.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, egg, brown sugar and milk with a wooden spoon. Add the bananas and mix to combine. Add the dry ingredients and mix just to incorporate. Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans. Do not over mix.
- Divide the batter among the muffin holders* (see notes below)
- Bake until the tops of the muffins are a light golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the muffin tin and transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Store muffins in an airtight container.
- Muffins will stay fresh for up to two day
- *This recipe will make 9 large or 12 medium size muffins. I used a 1/3 cup cookie scoop and made 9 large muffins. You can use a 1/4 cup scoop and make 12 medium size muffins.
Keywords: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, Banana Muffins