These Zucchini Pancakes have all the flavors of your favorite homemade zucchini bread except in the form of thick fluffy pancakes. I took my already delicious buttermilk pancakes and added zucchini, pecans, cinnamon, vanilla, and brown sugar. These pancakes don’t even need syrup to be good!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, (hand-squeezed to remove excess water)
- Preheat a griddle to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk or use a fork to blend.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, oil, and buttermilk.
- Add the flour and wet mixtures together and mix until incorporated but do not over mix. The mixture will be slightly lumpy. Gently fold in the zucchini.
- Brush some butter onto the preheated griddle.
- Pour batter, depending on the size you prefer, onto the hot griddle.
- Flip pancakes after you see the tops start to form small air bubbles.
- Remove from the griddle when the bottoms are golden brown and slather with butter.
- Serve with warm maple syrup or the syrup of your choice.
Keywords: zucchini pancakes, pancakes, buttermilk pancakes, zucchini,