A thick, hearty, fully loaded Chili with a perfect blend of spices!
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder (for mild), more for hot
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can Brooks Just for Chili tomato sauce, or your choice, 14.5 to 15 ounces
- 2 cans Brooks Just for Chili diced tomatoes, or your choice, 14.5 ounces each
- 2 cans Brooks Mild Chili Beans, (medium or hot), 15.5 ounces each
- 2 cans Brooks light red Kidney beans, drained, 15.5 ounces each
- Dice the onion. Add the onion, garlic and ground beef to a dutch oven or large skillet. Saute the mixture over medium heat until the ground beef is nicely browned and remove from heat. Drain off the grease.
- Add the dutch oven back to the heat. If using a skillet, transfer the mixture to a soup pot. Add the spices, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, tomato sauce and 1/4 cup water. Simmer for about ten minutes.
- Add the chili and kidney beans and mix in with a wooden spoon. Simmer for about ten more minutes and turn off heat.
- Serve hot in soup bowls with your favorite toppings, but it is excellent without any toppings.
- This is a great thick chili for scooping up on Frito scoops!
- Can sizes are 14.5 – 15.5 ounce
- If you can’t find chili ready tomato sauce, just use an additional can of “just for chili” tomatoes and puree’ in your blender.
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: tailgate chili, chili, soup, comfort food,