Smoked Salmon Chowder is rich, creamy, and so flavorful!! You will love how quickly this recipe comes together. Thirty minutes and it’s ready! A great chowder to fix on a busy weeknight!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots (I use baby carrots and slice them thin)
- 1/3 cup chopped or diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup half & half
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup precooked brown and wild rice
- 1 (3.5 – 4.0 ounce) package of smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Melt the butter in a medium soup pot or saucepan. Add the oil, onions, carrots, celery, salt, and red pepper and saute’ for 4 minutes. Add the water and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook for 8 minutes until the vegetables are fork-tender.
- Meantime, combine the milk, half & half, and flour in a small bowl or 2-cup measuring cup. Whisk the mixture with a fork until the flour is incorporated. Add the milk mixture to the pot/saucepan and bring to a boil while stirring constantly, and cook for 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the rice and salmon and cook for 1 minute until heated through.
- Sprinkle with the green onions and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 2 days.
Keywords: smoked salmon chowder, salmon chowder, chowder, soup, soup recipes, dinner,