Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies are lightly crispy around the edges, thick and chewy in the centers and mega loaded with creamy peanut butter and Reese’s pieces. A peanut butter lover’s dream!!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, (1/2 cup) softened
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, (do not use all-natural peanut butter)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 bag Reese’s Pieces, about 1 1/2 cups
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Add the butter to a large bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until it’s light and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the egg, brown sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix, just until the flour is almost incorporated. Add the Reese pieces and mix in.
- Drop the cookie dough on ungreased cookie sheets with a cookie scoop. Cover the cookie sheets with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours until the dough is firm. This step is crucial because all of the peanut butter and butter in this recipe will cause warm cookie dough to spread. That’s okay if you want flat cookies. Alternately, leave the dough in a bowl, cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate. When you preheat the oven, go ahead and set the dough out, so it will become scoopable by the time the oven preheats.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drop cookie scoopfuls of cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheets, spacing cookies about 2-inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the edges and bottoms are slightly browned. The tops will still be pretty light. Leave the cookies on the cookie sheets for about 2 minutes and transfer them to a cooling rack to completely cool.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- This cookie dough can be frozen for up to 3 months. I suggest freezing it in scoops of dough, layered with wax paper or plastic wrap. Freeze in an airtight container. Allow cookie dough to that for 15 minutes before baking.
Keywords: Reese's pieces peanut butter cookies, peanut butter cookies,