This tart homemade lemonade is the perfect thirst quencher on a hot day and it’s so much better than that canister from the store shelf. Easy too!
- 14–16 lemons, depending on size, enough for 2 1/2 cups lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- Zest of two lemons
- Pour the water and sugar into a medium size sauce pan. Bring to a boil and dissolve sugar, making a simple syrup. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Squeeze the juice from enough lemons to make 2 1/2 cups lemon juice. Zest two of the lemons and add the zest to the lemon juice.
- Pour the lemon juice into a one-gallon pitcher or drink dispenser. Add the cooled simple syrup.
- Add enough water to make almost one gallon, allowing for ice, and stir well. Add more sugar to taste.
Keywords: lemonade, perfect lemonade, country lemonade,