These corn muffins are moist and tender on the inside and packed full of corn. They are great with a pot of soup beans or slathered with butter and your favorite jam. This will become your favorite corn muffin recipe!
- 1 cup self rising corn meal, white or yellow
- 1/2 cup cooking oil, (I use canola)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cream style corn
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease the cups of a 6 count jumbo or 12 count regular muffin tin with Crisco. Place the muffin tin in the preheated oven for 5 minutes while preparing the batter.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl and divide the batter evenly between the muffin tin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes until the muffins are golden brown on top.
- Serve hot!
- Muffins will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
- These muffins go great with navy or pinto beans, or hot with some butter and homemade jam.
- This recipe makes 6 jumbo muffins or 12 regular size muffins.
Keywords: corn muffins