Make this moist and tender Parmesan Breaded Chicken Breast when you’re short on time but want a good dinner. Fresh parmesan cheese adds great flavor to this quick and easy chicken! It’s tender and delicious!
- 6 boneless, skinless, thin chicken breasts or 3 thick breasts sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine mesh black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large or extra large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/4 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Butter and olive oil for frying
- Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound the chicken breasts to 1/4 inch in thickness and set aside.
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper on a large plate. Whisk together the eggs and water in a shallow bowl. On a second plate, combine the bread crumbs, Thyme and parmesan.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Dip each chicken breast in the flour, coating both sides. Dip each breast in the egg mixture and dredge in the bread coating mixture. Fry chicken breasts, 2 at a time, for about 2 to 3 minutes per side until cooked through. Wipe skillet clean and add new butter and oil between batches.
- Transfer chicken to a brown paper bag to drain.
- A brown paper bag is perfect for draining chicken. Paper towels not only absorb the grease but they also draw the moisture from the meat. A brown paper bag doesn’t draw the moisture from the meat.
- Serving Size: 6