There’s nothing like a piece of Homemade Blackberry Pie that’s filled with sweet ripe blackberries that are nesting in a sea of sweet luscious blackberry syrupy goodness! This recipe is absolutely divine and you’ll be making it again and again!
- 6 cups large thornless blackberries, rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided*
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 double pie crust, 9″ deep dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place blackberries in a large pan and add one cup of the sugar. Mix lightly with a wooden spoon. Let the blackberries set for about 15 minutes. If there’s a lot of juice on the berries, drain most of it off. Add the remaining sugar and the cornstarch to the blackberries.
- Place pan over medium heat and bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Continue stirring for about two minutes, until the mixture has slightly thickened and remove from heat. Taste test at this point to see if more sugar is preferred.
- Let mixture cool for about five minutes and pour into a prepared bottom crust. Cover with a top crust. Trim the top crust to about 1/2″ past the edge of the pie dish. Fold the edge of the top crust over and under the edge of the bottom pie crust. Crimp the edges together with a fork. Cut 4-5 slits in the top crust for venting. Brush the top crust with egg white, then sprinkle with sugar. Wrap the edges of the crust with foil. Place pie on a cookie sheet and bake in center of oven for about 50 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Let cool completely before slicing if you want neat slices, then reheat if you are wanting to serve it warm with ice cream.
- Serve and enjoy!
- *The sugar can be adjusted in this recipe according to your personal preference. I like this amount because I prefer my pie a tiny bit tart.
- Serving Size: 8