This moist and full-flavored Harvest Spice Bread is so delicious and so adaptable. I stuffed this bread with apples, shredded carrots, pumpkin, apple chunks, raisins, and walnuts. However, you can change it up to your own liking. It’s delicious any way you make it.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, spoon & leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar lightly packed
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/4 cups peeled and chopped apple, about 1 large
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- Add the sugars, canola oil, eggs, and pumpkin puree to a large mixing bowl and mix on medium speed until well combined. Add the apples, carrots, and raisins, and mix until thoroughly combined again. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until the flour is almost incorporated. Fold in the nuts and finish incorporating the flour.
- Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 to 75 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out with moist crumbs on it. Do not over bake. If your bread starts to brown too much on top before it’s baked through, place a foil tent over the top, the last few minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edges to loosen the bread and invert it onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once the bread is completely cooled, slice and place it in an airtight container.
- Bread will stay fresh at room temperature for up to 4 days or up to 7 days if refrigerated.
- If using fresh homemade pumpkin puree, drain the puree through a strainer to remove the excess water.
- This bread can be frozen. Wrap the bread securely with plastic wrap, followed by a thick layer of foil and freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, place frozen bread in the refrigerator overnight.
Keywords: harvest spice bread, harvest bread, autumn bread, fall bread, spiced bread, bread, bread recipes, quick bread,