This fresh peach pie has a sweet creamy filling with a touch of vanilla & cinnamon that blankets fresh juicy peaches. It’s to die for!
- 1 nine inch pie shell, deep dish
- 4–5 large or 7 medium ripe peaches
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel peaches and slices into thick slices, about 3/4″ thick and set aside.
- Whisk the half & half, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and flour together in a large bowl. Add the peaches and gently mix with a large spoon or spatula until all peaches are coated with the wet mixture. Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Crimp or flute edges of pie crust and place foil around edges to prevent over browning. Place pie on a cookie sheet in case pie bubbles over.
- Bake for approximately 55-60 minutes until custard filling is set and peaches are tender. If peaches begin to brown on edges before custard is set, cover loosely with a piece of foil.
- Let pie cool to room temperature. If not serving the same day, refrigerate pie.
- Serve pie at room temperature or warm with ice cream.
- This pie will keep for up to two days at room temperature or up to five days if refrigerated.
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: peaches and cream pie, peach pie, pie, summer pies, fruit pies,