This Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread is loaded with cocoa and chunks of bittersweet chocolate, and the zucchini adds lots of moistness to this scrumptious bread. You’ll forget you’re eating something healthy!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cocoa (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 3 cups grated or shredded zucchini, unpeeled
- 1 cup bittersweet dark chocolate chunks, (I used Ghirardelli Bittersweet 62% cacao)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and lightly sprinkle two small loaf pans, 8″ x 4″ with cocoa and set aside.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Re-measure and sift again with the salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and cocoa. Set aside.
- Add the eggs, oil, and vanilla to the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, or use a hand mixer. Mix on medium speed until mixture is well combined and very light and lemony in color. Add the sugars and mix well to combine.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on medium speed, just until the dry ingredients are about halfway incorporated. You should still see some dry ingredients.
- Add the zucchini, chocolate chunks and pecans and mix until all ingredients are combined. Do not over mix.
- Divide batter evenly between the two prepared pans.
- Bake for approximately 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of loaves comes out with slightly moist crumbs.
- Allow pans to rest for 5 minutes. Run a sharp knife around the edges of each loaf. Gently shake pans up and down until the bread is loosened from the sides and bottom of pans. Invert bread onto a wire rack to cool.
- Store bread in an airtight container or wrap tightly with plastic wrap or foil.
- Bread will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
Keywords: food, recipes, breads, chocolate zucchini bread, chocolate, zucchini, Summer recipes, zucchini recipes,