If you love stuffed peppers you’ll really love these Deconstructed Stuffed Peppers. This is a quick and easy weeknight meal and is super flavorful, satisfying, and comforting!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced small
- 1 large pepper, diced small, any color
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, basil, garlic and oregano, 14.5 ounces each
- Soy sauce to taste (I use several shakes of soy sauce)
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice, (or you can use long grain)
- Cook rice according to package directions and set aside.
- Add ground beef, onion and pepper to a large skillet or dutch oven. Cook over medium heat until ground beef is cooked through. Remove from heat and drain.
- Add ingredients back to the skillet or dutch oven. Add the tomatoes, rice and soy sauce. Mix everything to combine. Heat over medium heat. Taste and add salt & pepper if desired. Add more soy sauce to taste.
- Serve hot!
- If you want the finished recipe to be more saucy, you can add a little V8 or Tomato juice.
- Serving Size: 4