These fluffy buttermilk pancakes are studded with chocolate chips and tangy flavor. They are melt in your mouth delicious!!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Butter for griddle and pancakes
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, including sugar. Add the buttermilk, eggs, and canola oil. Mix until almost all of the flour is incorporated. Don’t overmix! The mixture should be slightly lumpy. Allow the mixture to rest for 2 to 3 minutes. Meantime preheat a griddle to 350 degrees.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter. Brush the hot griddle with butter and give it a few seconds for the butter to get hot.
- Pour the batter onto the hot griddle. I use a 1/3 cup measuring cup and use the bottom of the cup to slightly spread out the batter into a rounded form.
Keywords: pancakes, chocolate chip pancakes, buttermilk pancakes, breakfast, brunch,