This delicious bread is moist and SO cheesy. It’s super easy to make and a great side for any meal.
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 ounces of sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated, divided
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup full-fat buttermilk, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and lightly flour a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 7 ounces of the cheddar cheese. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, and buttermilk, until combined. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until all the dry ingredients are incorporated into the wet.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan, spreading it out evenly with an offset spatula. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and gently press it into the batter with your hand or offset spatula.
- Bake the bread for approximately 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with slightly moist crumbs.
- Allow the bread to set in the pan for 5 minutes. Run a sharp knife around the edges and invert the bread onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Slice cooled bread with a serrated bread knife and serve.
- Store wrapped bread on a counter for up to 2 days.
Keywords: quick bread, bread, breads, bread recipes, cheddar bread,