This Cauliflower Soup is incredibly creamy and full of flavor and it takes no time to make. You can make it a day ahead and it’s every bit as good!
- 1 medium to large head cauliflower, (break into florets)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup celery, diced small
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons of chicken or vegetable bouillon
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups whole or 2% milk
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, freshly shredded from a bar (I used medium yellow cheddar)
- To a soup pot or dutch oven, add the cauliflower, carrots, celery, water, and bouillon. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are fork-tender. Set aside and don’t drain.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour, salt, and pepper, then the milk. Whisk constantly until the flour has time to cook out and the mixture thickens about 1 1/2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the vegetables and gently mix to combine. Allow soup to sit for 5 minutes and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 4 days.
- When reheating refrigerated soup, if it’s a little thick, add 3 to 4 tablespoons of milk.
Keywords: cauliflower soup, soup, creamy cauliflower soup, cauliflower,