These Butterscotch Pecan Blondies are dense, slightly chewy, moist, and loaded with butterscotch morsels and pecans.
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or grease the bottom of an 8-inch baking pan and set aside. Line with parchment paper, allowing the paper to hang over each end of the pan.
- Add the butter to a saucepan. Heat over medium heat, swirling the butter around in the pan every few seconds. Heat the butter until it has turned a golden brown color and remove from heat. This takes about 5-6 minutes. Set pan in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a second medium bowl, mix together the butter and brown sugar until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix again until thoroughly combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix until flour is almost incorporated. Gently fold in the butterscotch morsels and pecans.
- Using an offset spatula, spread mixture evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown on top, approximately 20 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before cutting. Cut into 9 equal bars.
- Store in an airtight container. Bars will stay fresh for up to three days.
Recipe adapted from Fall Baking
Keywords: food,recipes,bars,cookies,blondies,butterscotch, butterscotch blondies,butterscotch bars,pecan,