These Blueberry Pancakes are simply loaded with blueberries and they are soft & fluffy. A small amount of cinnamon is added to complement the blueberries. They are delicious!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat buttermilk*
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Butter for coating griddle
- Preheat a griddle to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk or use a fork to blend.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, oil, and buttermilk.
- Add the flour and wet mixtures together and mix until incorporated but do not over mix. The mixture will be slightly lumpy.
- Brush some butter onto the preheated griddle.
- Pour batter, depending on the size you prefer, onto the hot griddle. I use a 1/2 cup measuring cup.
- Sprinkle some blueberries over each pancake. Use your fingers to lightly press the blueberries into the dough. This helps keep the blueberries from sticking to the griddle once you flip the pancakes.
- Flip pancakes once you see air bubbles forming on the tops.
- Remove from the griddle when the bottoms are golden brown and slather with butter.
- Serve with warm maple syrup or the syrup of your choice.
Keywords: blueberry pancakes, pancakes, buttermilk pancakes, blueberry,