Ultra big & thick Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies are golden brown around the edges with ooey-gooey centers. Follow my tips for making these cookies extra big and thick! Homemade is always better!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 sticks cold unsalted butter, (1 cup) cut into small cubes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 package (10 ounces) dark chocolate chunks, divided*
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, cake flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside.
- Add the butter and sugars to the bowl of a stand mixer, or use a hand mixer. Mix on medium speed for about 1 minute. Add the vanilla and mix to incorporate. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the dry ingredients one cup at a time, mixing each time until the dry ingredients are almost incorporated. Set 1/4 cup of the chocolate chunks aside and add the rest to the cookie dough. Mix just until the chocolate chunks are mixed in. Don’t overmix the cookie dough.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a large 1/2 cup ice cream/cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the 2 cookie sheets, leaving plenty of room between the dough balls. If you don’t have a quick-release cookie scoop you can spray the scoop lightly with cooking spray. Press the reserved chocolate chunks lightly onto the tops of the dough balls. Place the cookie sheets in a refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours or overnight, or you can place them in a freezer for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove one cookie sheet from the refrigerator. Make sure there are only 4 to 5 cookies on 1 cookie sheet, allowing plenty of space between them, and bake one sheet at a time, Bake until the cookies are golden brown around the edges and on top, 15 to 18 minutes. The centers should still be slightly doughy. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for 1 minute and transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Store cooled cookies in an airtight container.
*I used simply organic 72% cacao dark chocolate chunks.
Keywords: bakery style cookies, chocolate chip cookies, cookies, valentine recipes, desserts,