These cookies are slightly crunchy on the outside with a coating of powdered sugar and buttery on the inside with a nice dose of finely chopped pecans. They aren’t overly sweet, making them a great addition to all of those sweet holiday desserts.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely ground pecans
- 1 to 1/2 cups powdered sugar for coating cookies
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Add the butter and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer or use a hand mixer. Mix on medium speed until combined, then mix on high speed until very light and creamy, about one minute. Add the vanilla and mix to incorporate. Add the flour and pecans and mix just until flour is incorporated.
- Using a small cookie scoop, place a scoop of cookie dough in your hand and roll it into a ball and place the ball on an ungreased large cookie sheet. Repeat until all of the dough is rolled into balls. Bake for 30 minutes or until the cookies are just lightly browned on the bottoms and remove from oven.
- Allow cookies to cool for 2 to 3 minutes, then roll the cookies, one at a time, in the powdered sugar and transfer to a piece of waxed paper. Once cookies have completely cooled, re-roll the cookies one more time in the powdered sugar. You might have to use a little bit more powdered sugar.
- Store cookies in an airtight container. These cookies will stay fresh for several days and they are an excellent cookie for making ahead and freezing.
Keywords: cookies, pecan dreams, Mexican wedding cookies, Russian teacakes, holiday cookies, Christmas cookies,